Favourite Bookish Feelings
Reading can be euphoric. Books can fill you with pangs of nostalgia, can tear you down in the space of two words, and can even change the direction you're heading in.
With those profound realizations in mind, here's a selection of my favourite bookish feelings.
• one page down, you can see yourself returning to that very page at various stages of your life •
• I can actually remember most plot points post-read! •
• someone reads, and subsequently loves, a book on my recommendation •
• you re-read a favourite and find new things to love about it and it shows you all of its subtleties •
• I find a book I've been looking for on the busy shelves of a secondhand bookshop •
• an author finds a new way of saying something and it effectively punches me in the gut •
• I find a reference to the title in the text •
• you sit pawing at the annotated pages, fingers set in the grooves, as if you were looking for a hidden story •
• you close the last page of a book you didn't want to end and you feel your heart fill with love and gratitude •
• you forget where you are, or who you are, outside of the pages in front of you •
• you fall for a book unexpectedly •