12 Things That Remind Me Of Childhood
What reminds you of your childhood?
1. A bubbling dish of shepherd's pie, placed in the centre of the dinner table, that would be met with chants of joy.
2. Performing the hits of the Spice Girls in playground, official dance routines followed implicitly.
3. Gingham dresses.
4. Finding my daredevil cousin funnier than anyone in the world, especially when he was getting told off.
5. Convening in the village square during carnival season or whenever there was an event that warranted a street party.
6. Hours lost to the sand pit.
7. Mother's Diedre from Corrie glasses and horrendous perm.
8. Matching daisy print shoes from Clarks.
9. Picking apples from the orchard with Grandad.
10. Reciting the Italian 1-10 with him over breakfast every morning.
11. Disinfectant mouths in music class.
12. Falling asleep to the same old stories but loving them all the same.